Natural Freshwater Shimanto Unagi - Diced (80g) 四万十うなぎ (きざみ)
An official collaboration with the Kochi government
Natural healthy freshwater eel grown in pristine waters from Kochi high mountains to the sea.
- Shimanto Unagi 四万十うなぎ -
Unagi from the famous pristine Shimanto River in Kochi Prefecture
What is Shimanto Unagi?
Running from the high mountains down to the sea, forming Shimanto River’s clear waters.
The clean, pure water of the Shimanto River is a treasure trove to river fishes, including eels. Shimanto unagi are natural eels, growing in Shimanto River, Kochi Prefecture.
The meat is tender and moderately fatty, without a muddy smell.
In pursuit of "safety, security and deliciousness"
The young of unagi is caught and raised in the headwaters of the Shimanto River with clean groundwater under thorough safety control.
Everything to raise Shimanto Unagi is produced in Kochi!
The feed is locally produced in Kochi. Shimanto River's underground water is used.
As a result, it has no unpleasant odor at all, unlike other farmed unagi.
Try Shimanto Unagi Kabayaki
Shimanto Unagi Kabayaki is thoroughly coated four times to give it a savory flavor and make delicious Shimanto unagi kabayaki.
It is vacuum-packed into small pieces, ready-to-eat!
You can enjoy Shimanto Unagi in slice too!
How to Enjoy
Of course, it's great served over rice, but there are so many recipes to try!
Umaki (omelet-wrapped eel)
2 tablespoons Dashi
1 teaspoon potato starch
A pinch of salt
1 teaspoon sake
A little oil
- Pour 1 teaspoon of sake over the Shimanto Unagi Kabayaki and warm it in a microwave oven at 600w for 20 seconds.
- Dissolve potato starch in 2 tablespoons of dashi.
- Crack 3 eggs, add potato starch dissolved in the prepared broth, and season with salt.
- When the surrounding area starts to harden, put Shimanto Unagi Kabayaki in the back and roll it up from the back to the front.
Secrets of Delicious Shimanto Unagi
Dedicated production system
From unagi rearing to processing to sale, the process is thorough.
The caught Shimanto Unagi is first made to swim in natural groundwater for 7 to 10 days and then transferred to the fish farm, and fed with local produced feed for a period of 6-12 months.
Matured Shimanto Unagi is released back to natural groundwater for 3 to 7 days to remove the distinct smell, before inspection and selling to wholesalers as live Shimanto Unagi.
Special sauce & grilling
No chemical seasonings, synthetic colors, or antioxidants are used.
The kabayaki is thoroughly coated four times to give it a savory flavor and make delicious Shimanto unagi kabayaki.
|Product Name||Natural Freshwater Shimanto Unagi - Diced|
|Country of Origin||Kochi, Japan|
|Weight||around 80g, sauce (15ml)|
Unagi (from Kochi), soy sauce, sweet sake, glucose fructose liquid sugar, fermented seasoning, sugar, starch, sweetener, fish sauce (soybeans・wheat) Sauce: soy sauce (soybean, wheat), carbohydrate (sugar, sweetener)、sweet sake, fish sauce (japanese pepper)
*Allergen info: May contain wheat, soybeans
Within 3 months from manufacturing date.
|Sold by||Reginaa Pte. Ltd.|
Japanese style Unagi Roll Recipe
What you need:
- 200g of Unagi
- 1 Egg
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 1/4 of Cucumber
- 1 piece of Seaweed
- 4/1 cup of Rice
- 3 tablespoon of sushi vinegar
- Mix rice with sushi vinegar
*Make sure rice is not too hot!
- Put a thin layer of sushi rice on top of seaweed.
- Pour sesame oil and cook the eggs over medium heat to prevent them from burning.
- Place eggs, cucumbers, and eel so that they fit together in about 1/3 of the space.
- Roll it up while pressing so that the filling does not stick out.
- With a slightly wet knife, cut them into whatever size you want, and you're done!
FREE delivery for orders over $120 from Japan Premium Treats!
Orders below $120: Delivery fee is $10 for each order
Our delivery partner will contact you within 1-3 working days after order is placed, to arrange delivery.
* For order with pre-order item(s), you will be contacted once the all item(s) arrive